Lemon Chiffon Cheesecake
Is there anything better than fresh lemon on Easter? Spring is in the air, and this light, fluffy dessert will brighten everyone’s day.
You can use any low carb dessert crust, but this pairs especially well with my Coconut Meringue Dessert Crust.
This can also be made with lime (or orange, or heck, any Jell-O flavour really) and if you don’t want to use Jell-O mix, you could use a packet of unflavoured gelatin mix with lemon or lime juice in its place.
- 1 package sugar-free Lemon Jell-O powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup powdered erythritol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- *Optional: Extra whipped cream and lemon slices/wedges for garnish
- Dissolve Lemon Jell-O mix into 1 cup very hot water and stir well. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese with the erythritol, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add the cooled jello mix, while beating everything together.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese and jello mixture with a rubber spatula. Gently mix until the mixture is smooth and the whipped cream is evenly distributed.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared pie crust. Let it set in the fridge for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream, lemon wedges, or zest. Serve and keep chilled.